I'm dreaming I'm in the Nutcracker- is it working?

Last year I took Emily to the Nutcracker in hopes of starting a tradition with her. This year, we went with Lisa and Josie, Lori and my Mom. I'll admit I was a little hesitant to take her again because last year she wanted to leave after the first act and I wasn't sure how she would do this year. A couple of weeks ago, Emily asked me if we were doing our girls night again to the Nutcracker this year, so you can imagine my surprise that she had even remembered our evening last year.
So we went. And she loved it. She had remembered the big tree in the beginning, and kept asking when it would get bigger, she remembered the sugarplum fairy dance and recognized most of the songs in the second act. I guess I hadn't given her enough credit! I love spending time with this girl. She makes me so happy. She is the best little buddy ever.
1 comment:
What a fun tradition. I remember going with my Mom when I was little. It was long sometimes but always such a fun thing do with my mom. She will always remember that. I love the gingerbread house night. I love your family! WHen are you due?
Post a Comment