I love getting together with our family. The cousins all have so much fun together and its nice to visit with my mom and dad and sisters. Monday we spent the night at Grandma and Grandpa's decorating gingerbread houses. I'm sure there was more sugar consumed then put on the houses, but I think they turned out looking pretty delicious anyway!
A "few" pictures from the night:)

Josh scoping out the goods

Are you sneaking candy, or are you trying to say something?

Tyler goofing of with the cement :)
I'm mean frosting!

Looking good

Josie and Lindsey piling on the candy

Lori and Nick taking the competition way too seriously!

Grandma and Barrett


Mom-I believe that frosting is suppose to be on the house!
And look at your work station, you'd think you had the
grand kids helping!
Christy, Hailey and
Linds- awesome construction work

What do I say? An exciting night for all!

Matthew and Grandma

Josie

Matthew hiding what seems to be some extra gumballs in those cheeks
Emi was so proud of her decorating skills

I remember when I was younger, my mom had a beautiful gingerbread house that sat on top of the piano, and I would carefully sneak off pieces that I was sure she wouldn't notice missing, so am I at all surprised that the very next morning, all of the gumballs and gumdrops had been eaten of our house? And
I'm sure if the royal icing hadn't made it impossible for the rest of the candy to come off easily the rest would be gone too.
Thanks for the fun night everyone!
2 comments:
Cute post, Nick and I do look like we were taking it a little too serious in that picture! OOPS, next time NO KIDS! :) But its funny you say that about moms ginger bread houses as a kid, just yesterday I told Nick when We are RICH we are going to have someone make us a ginger bread house with stained glass windows like we had when we were kids! (next thing you know I'll have angel hair on all my tables and a BIG GIANT santa in my front yard... good memories, actually if I ever did see a big giant plastic santa I would buy it for sure, just for the memories! Thanks for taking all the pictures, i might have to steal one!!!
Dang that was a long comment, I should have just called you.
Post a Comment