Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter




I love Easter outfits.

This year marks our 11th annual Easter egg hunt at Grandma and Grandpa's. I'm not sure who enjoys this more, the kids looking for eggs or Grandpa hiding the hundreds of eggs. This year the boys tried extra hard to hide "special" eggs for Dylan and Braden (the oldest and more mature of the grand kids) in places no one would ever look!
All 15 grand kids!

Once Lucy realized there was candy inside the eggs, she was done!
All she wanted was the candy.

Every year Grandma hides a special golden egg for each of the grand kids.
Always a good one to find!

Every year the kids get so excited to decorate Easter eggs. Ryan and I have learned to check under pillows and in beds to make sure none of their "creations" are kept from refrigeration.
Josh asked Why we have to boil the eggs....
For two year old sisters who like to smash things!

This is some serious concentration


I loved listening to the kids this morning going through Easter baskets! We could hear them from our room feasting on Emily's bed. Next year Ryan and I will place actual breakfast items in their baskets. I'm sure Reese's and Cadbury eggs along with giant hollow bunnies had filled their belly's before it was even 8a.m.

Of course my very favorite part of this Easter weekend was listening to General Conference with my family. I loved all of the talks. I loved listening to Pres. Monson talk about his cute wife. I loved receiving such great counsel and direction from our Apostles. I feel blessed having a testimony of the Gospel. I feel even more blessed as I watched Tyler listening to the speakers and watch Josh and Emi coloring conference pages and listening to the prophet (a little). It is amazing how much they understand of the things being taught. They are an amazing group of kids, I am fortunate to be surrounded by such greatness!

2 comments:

Ashley and Zane said...

Looks like you guys had a great Easter! I love the Easter outfits too!

Lori said...

Hey! Cute post! I had a feeling to check you post, Nick wanted to go to the beach but I insisted I had a blog to look at! :) Anyways I was looking for some birthday videos, you know, the ones that make grandma teary. Cant wait to see the birthday post. See ya soon!