One month ago today I raced around Costco, I cleaned out the car, all of the laundry was done, all of the beds were made, floors were clean. I made bread to keep me busy and prayed for contractions.
One month ago today pink and blue outfits sat with new socks and blankets in a brand new car seat. And we still had no boy name.
One month ago today Grandma was at the science fair and Aunt Lori wouldn't answer her phone until I pretended we needed her to watch our kids while we went to the hospital.
One month ago today we debated if these were real contractions.
One month ago today we delivered pizza and four anxious kids to Lori and Nick with pajamas and plans to call if anything happened.
One month ago today I felt silly checking into a busy hospital a week and a half early, contracting every six minutes and relatively comfortable.
One month ago today we declined the epidural and prayed you would be fast.
...and you were.
One month ago today Dad smiled and said, "it's a Boy!" and I was relieved that you were finally here!
One month ago today we held our newest miracle, amazed at how perfect you are.
...and how much you look like Josh.
and Emi. and Lucy. and Ty.
And today, I hold my cute Nate and can't believe it has already been a month!
And today, I hold my cute Nate and can't believe it has already been a month!
3 comments:
I can't believe it has been a month! Oh how I want one!!!! My two favorite pictures have got to be Tyler with the headphones doing his thing while casually holding the baby and Emily who in one picture is totally posing... at least I think!! And the last picture of Nate gives me chills, he is SO sweet!
My favorite part of that night, besides the homemade pizza, was checking in with you I swear a half hour after you left to see if the hospital was going to keep you AND you had had the baby!!! CRAZY FAST!!!
He is so adorable! And what a cute story.
Baby Nate you are ADORABLE! It was so fun to see you in person. You do look like fit into your family perfectly.... a little of everyone combined. You are an angel. I don't think you made one peep at our 5 hour Chilis dinner. Keep it up your mom deserves a good baby. Now just figure out how to sleep through the night!!! I loved seeing you and your Mom last night. Let's do it again!
Post a Comment