Sunday, October 18, 2009

Apple Picking







Our kids are loving the apples this year from Grandma and Grandpa's House. Josh thought it was great climbing the trees and picking his "own bag". We set the peeler out on the counter after school, by the end of the night they have probably consumed two dozen apples! Of course, our favorite apple crisp with whipped cream or ice cream has been made enough times this month I think Emily has figure out the recipe. I miss pressing the apples into juice. This year would be perfect for that, the apples are so sweet and there are litterally tons! I guess just more applesauce for Josh in our future!

1 comment:

Kim said...

I miss our old apple trees. I would like some right now! I try to tell my kids that I would just walk home from school and pick my after school snack right off the tree. The poor kids don't even know what a real fruit tree is. Looks delicious and I could go for some apple crisp right now!