
This year for New Years, our family decided to cook things up at home and throw our own little family party. We tried to have a little theme with the dinner, something we could work on for the upcoming year. We talked about Being the Example, and following the example of Christ. The kids each thought of something they were going to do better this year and shared with the family. After each person said their goal, they were able to blow out their candle. This was the only way to get the kids to stay focused. They were so excited about the candle light dinner. (Bunch of pyros. Wonder where they get that from?)

This year we tried to go all out. The kids aparently have been spoiled because when we said they would be trying crab legs, they all said we have had these before. Where? At the Read's! (Thanks Cecil!)

There is only one way to cook a steak, and that's on the grill.
Perfectly done. Great job Dad and Ty

Homemade Coconut Shrimp with an orange marmalade sauce.
Thanks Mom and Emi!

Apparenly too much drinking. Hmm. Would you like a glass boys?
Are you actually holding it for him?
And one in training.

We celebrated with the New Yorkers (EST). I totally missed the ball drop because we were watching the Disney Channel. On the T.V. the corner countdown looked like this: 2:24:58. I kept telling the kids just two more minutes... Apparently that was two more hours. Oops, maybe I was drinking too much cider. It didn't matter, we made our own countdown and pulled a few confetti poppers.


After the kids went to bed, Ryan and I enjoyed front row seats to the Dave Matthews/Tim Reynolds Concert courtesy of HD Net. Great way to end a fun night.

Happy New Year from our Crazy Bunch to Yours!
4 comments:
I wanna know why I wasn't invited over to your yummy new years eve dinner??? LOL!! Looks like you had a ton of fun and you all are just the cutest family ever.
I love it!!! I really love Tyler's face in the last picture! You are always doing such great thing for you family. I love it!!!
Man - I'm with Sandy - what a spread!!! You guys really know how to throw a party!!! Looks like a great time! Happy New Year to you all and tell Ty I will so miss being his primary teacher!!!!
Talk about going all out! What a Celebration!!! I can see you and Ryan eating the crab legs but we would be feeding the kids spagettio's. What a fun night to remember. Your kids are all getting so big and grown up. Love baby Lucy. She is a doll. What a cute family picutre of the whole crew. Glad you got in for the shot. You never post yourself. And you are looking GOOD! Happy New Year!
Post a Comment