Monday, January 5, 2009

Genetics?


I love this girl. Want to know why? She can out sass anyone. Anytime, Anywhere. She doesn't even have to think twice. In fact, now that I think of it, Sass doesn't even begin to cover it. She has these looks that I can't even explain, but when you see it you know, that's the look. Eyebrows, eyes, lips, hips, head tilt- all doing their thing.
One day, Emily was helping me clean around the house. She decided to personally clean Lucy's "farm toy" that she sits and plays in. Emily got all of the Cheerios and crackers out of every nook and cranny. She wiped everything down with disinfectant wipe and was so pleased with her work when she was done. She showed everyone and made sure we were all aware how clean it was and that it was not to be messed up again. Well, the next day I had placed Lucy in her toy and even gave her a few cheerios. Not many. Just a few. Emily comes walking out the the kitchen and gets about half way there when she stops, turns around and with one hand pointing down at the farm toy, and the other hand on her hip, jaw dropped and eyes wide says," Who did this?" in the most disgusted voice ever. What do you mean? I said, knowing exactly where she was coming from. "Uhh, Cheerios? farm toy? I think you know what I mean." I got flash backs of living with my sisters Lisa and Lori. Cleaning Nazis. Days would go by without being able to step in rooms so that we wouldn't mess up the vacuum lines! It was then I knew I was busted on so many levels.

Emily has got the cutest little voice. (It's not really little). But what makes me laugh is she says some of the funniest things with just a little twang to it. I'm not sure where she gets it. We laugh when I try to tell Ryan its from him. See, Ryan is from Texas. But he has no accent. And even if he did, is it genetic? Nope. But that's my only explanation. She doesn't use Texan slang just has a little Twang to it. ("Thank you Daddy")

Emily is the toughest little girl. And who wouldn't be with two left feet carrying you around. If there is something to trip on, slide off, run into or spill she will find it. I think maybe this comes from me, but Emily has taken this to a whole new level. She is always keeping up with the older brothers trying stunts maybe only boys should do. Don't try to tell that to her. She can hold her own with the best of them.

She loves to sing. I think this comes from Ryan. I'm not talking lovely singing. This has volume, vibrato, and new words?! Doesn't matter, she sings like no ones business. Her favorite spot? The laundry room bathroom. Come to think of it, I think that's Dads favorite spot to.

Emily has the cutest body. O.k. back to me. :) Eww, what I would do for that again. Emily loves to comb her hair and dress herself. She is the most creative girl ever. Emily runs just to see her hair move in her shadow. She'll bounce her head just to move the pony tail. I'm not sure I ever did that, but I know that doesn't come from Ryan. (well, maybe. he used to have a pretty sweet mullet, but I can't see the skipping and head bopping.)

Red Meat. This comes from Ryan, no me, no ryan. Medium rare should be this girls middle name. 100% meat and potatoes. No wait, just meat.

Emily we love you! You are the best little girl ever.

3 comments:

Lori said...

Oh my gosh I love her too. I am laughing about those vacuum lines...those are the best!!! My favorite about Emily and her sass is when she doesn't say anything but look at you like you are so going down. keep up the sass girl.

Kim said...

Isn't it fun to see in what ways our kids our like us. And where they come up with their own personalities. They all come so diffrent. She is a doll. She is lucky for all the traits she gets from her mom! I'm glad to know that Ryan is singing around the house to. Jason thinks he should be in band somewhere as the lead singer.

Kim said...

Hey, did Jenny call you about Dinner on Monday night? We are going to the Harvest Resturant at Thanksgiving Point Monday the 26th @ 7:00 p.m. You better be there!