
Carmel Popcorn. I know you can make this anytime, but really there is just something about carmel popcorn in the fall that makes it taste better. Every year for fall conference the kids and I make bags to take around to the neighbors for a little sunday session snack. It has become a tradition that the kids look forward to every year. Plus, it lets Ryan and I have at least one talk without any interruptions.


Hot Scones with frosting on them. Well really who needs the scones. Just licking frosting is good enough, but since it is October let's fry up some scones to warm us up after playing outside til its dark in our bare feet(cause we're still in denial that summer is over and it's only 7 o'clock and there is no light?!)

Picking apples at my mom's house to make yummy apple crisp. The kids love peeling and coring apples with that handy machine that hooks to your counter.(I have no idea what its called, you know the "peeler") Its wonderful! They can eat a whole box when that peeler is out. And the smell of Apple crisp makes my house feel all cozy. I love it.

The smell of steaming grapes in hopes of a lot of bottles to be canned. This year we got about 20 bottles out of our batch. I would love to say we added that to food storage. Ha! The kids have drank every bottle before we could even get it to the basement. As grandma would say,"Mmmm, just think of all those vitamins!) Really, I'm thinking, don't you dare spill that on your shirt! The funny thing about the grapes is growing up I HATED doing the grapes. I could think of every excuse in the book not to have to pick or juice the grapes. Now I long for that smell. Its a sure sign of fall. And, possibly old age.
1 comment:
I need to spend even more time at your house, or maybe I should make more memories like this at mine. You really are incredible!
Post a Comment