This summer we had the opportunity to go to Island Park and Yellowstone with my parents. We had such a great time and have so many fun memories!
Didn't matter if he was in the car seat, stroller or back pack!
He was so patient and took my kids fishing!
We had a lot of fun and became experts at untangling lines, casting and attracting leeches!
So much for your white pants, huh, Grandma!
A least we saved the Coke! :)
We had fun finding stinky dragon caves, but unfortunately we didn't see any dragons!



Tyler shot this beauty!
With his camera of course.
We're not real hunters over here.

It could be the glasses, but I think my mom and I look a lot alike!

Yummy Huckleberry Ice cream!

Tyler and Emily waded out in this river and found the hot pots.
They would have stayed in there all day if we let them. I wished I had brought my suit!


One of my favorite memories growing up was paddle boating at Henry's Fork.
We thought it would be fun to do with the kids, then I realized this is a big family,
and I am not as strong as I thought I was! :)
Grandma and Grandpa can make this look so easy!

Lucy loved running up and down the docks.

Relaxing at the cabin. The kids love the hot tub. They would get all the way in and close their eyes tight and we'd spray their heads with mosquito repellent. They were brutal!


With his camera of course.
We're not real hunters over here.
They would have stayed in there all day if we let them. I wished I had brought my suit!
We thought it would be fun to do with the kids, then I realized this is a big family,
and I am not as strong as I thought I was! :)
Grandma and Grandpa can make this look so easy!
Lucy loved running up and down the docks.
Josh and Tyler loved catching tadpoles and minnows.
Thanks Grandma for getting our fire started!

Saturday night on our way home to the cabin, Island Park let off a pretty great firework show! It was definitely better then expected and the best part is parking was awesome and the traffic after was great! The kids all sat out on the roof of the car and had so much fun!
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE TRIP:
* Catching a fish after reeling in the line because everyone was screaming from being attacked by leeches and we decided we were done. Sure enough, the last line caught the fish!
*Emily telling the kid down the river it was unfair that he got to keep his fish to take home and eat when ours was bigger and Grandpa said we had to let it go because it was too small.
*Lucy hiking everywhere, never wanted to be held or backpacked.
*Teaching my kids about the toilets flushing opposite now that we are on the otherside of the Cont. divide, and my Dad and Ryan laughing at me
because that happens on the other side of the equator. Oh yeah. :) So when's that trip?
*Grandma spotting all of the wild life- or was that a rock?
*Grandma and Tyler saving each other in the muddy water.
*Tyler, Josh and Emily thinking they saw Jackie Chan in Yellowstone,
and Emily trying to speak Chinese to him!
*Homemade Ice Cream in Tin cans
*Grandma making our fire :) You know what I'm talking about mom!
*Grandma making our fire :) You know what I'm talking about mom!
*Late night UNO games
*Belting out Disney songs in the car.
*Buffalo Burgers with the "other" Kinghorn's at Grandma and Grandpa greats!
1 comment:
Super darn cute post, and a great vacation! I have forgotten how pretty it is up in yellowstone. I miss it. All the pictures are so cute! Next year we're there with you for sure.
Post a Comment