
Ryan had left for Helamans camp with the Priest in our Stake, and I was trying to entertain the kids with a couple of activities. We headed to the Bell's concert at BYU which was a lot of fun. My kids probably had no idea the bells were even ringing. They had more fun running up and down the hills, hiding in trees, and feeding the ducks then sitting and listening to the bells.

We grabbed Subway and had a little picnic before the bells started.

And then it was off to the hills. I was extremely nervous watching the kids dodge around the trees at full speed down the hills, especially my overly coordinated girls! Yikes!



My best kid ever-he was sooo good. He just layed there kicking the entire time, until we had a few close calls from the out of control runners.

After the concert, we had the opportunity to climb the tower and see the bells a little closer. Imagine if you will... Me and the five kids, one strapped in the carrier, one in the stroller and three awesome kids trying to be so helpful. I love these kids. After pushing the stroller up a steep hill to the tower, we got inside. I told the older ones, they could go to the top and I would stay at the bottom and watch Nate and Lucy. So, off they go climbing the spiral staircase. All of a sudden, Josh starts screaming, and of course it is echoing in this little tiny cement staircase, and I remember, Josh has a tendency to be afraid of heights. And so, I climb in after him, with Nate in the carrier and Lucy following right behind. We reach Josh and get him safely down, when Tyler yells from the top-This is awesome! So, Josh says, I'm going to be brave. I can do it, and off he goes, a little farther this time, and then the screaming starts again! So, me and Nate head up and Lucy follows behind. And for anyone who has made this little climb know its a little narrow, and a little steep, and not much room to move around in. But we get the crew down again, and Tyler tells Josh, I will take some pictures for you. How very thoughtful I thought. And so he does.
And this is what he came back with :)

The owl at the top! Thanks Ty!
No comments:
Post a Comment