Sunday, August 23, 2009

Shall we Update?

I can't even believe summer is done and school has begun! What a crazy, fun, busy couple of months we had! Here are some favorites that never quite got blogged :)
Tyler loved the Travis Hansen Basketball camp. I'm not sure who was more excited to sign up Ryan or Tyler. They were able to meet former BYU players and Jazz players and got lots of one on one time with various high school coaches around here. Tyler came in third of all the kids in the free throw contest. Way to go Ty! He loves Basketball and tells me all the time that is the only sport he wants to play.


Morgan and Tyler had a pretty rockin snow cone stand. They would come up with some pretty creative flavors by mixing syrups. I'll admit I won't be missing the various "stores" put up by the neighborhood. Josh and Emi spent any quarter they could scrounge up on more stuffed animals, friendship bracelets and rocks then I ever wanted in my house! Josh couldn't figure out why no one would buy his dead grasshoppers or his awesome rollie pollie balls. Maybe next year.

Of course enjoyed by all during the hot hours of the afternoon.

Late nights with oobie blankets and jammie parties


I can't believe I don't have more pictures in the little pool, Hours were spent nearly everyday in the backyard just swimming or running through the sprinklers. Saved us during the heat!


Yuba Lake or Deer Creek? Doesn't matter- The kids had a blast in the boat! (And, look, we got overly cautious Tyler on the tube! Are you sure this is safe?)
One of our favorite little finds this summer was the opening of the splash pad at the Highland City buildings. A quick way to cool off and change up the routines. The best part its Free! Unless you count iceberg after.






Our second favorite place we found was our own little beach in Utah!?! Could it really be? Josh said this is just like the ocean without the waves that pull you in! Pros-20 min from our house Cons- Sand everywhere!


A great day at the office, don't you think?



Josh would run down the dock and jump in all day if he could.
Lucy loved the sand and water. Could really care less how much was in the diaper, just happy to be playing.

My sisters and I are fortunate to live so close and be such good friends so after our big girls day out to Park City for some back to school shopping and lunch it was time for the little girls day out. They loved it. First it was updo's and manicures at the "salon" in of course matching outfits. Emily was so pleased with the blue polish she had picked out for her fingers and the pink glitter sprinkled through her hair. (P.S. I thought they did a pretty could job hiding the hack job she gave her bangs a few weeks earlier. Nice. That deserves its own post)




Dinner at Zupas with their favorite chocolate fondue. Then off to the mall for some more shopping!


And then there was girls camp, some more park city getaways, A Happy 11th anniversary with my cute hubby at the Chris Isaak concert, soccer practices with Josh, football practices with Tyler and a pile of Laundry that will never end. I love it. And now for the school year!

3 comments:

Lori said...

YABA-DABA-DOOO!!! A NEW POST...IT IS ABOUT TIME!!!

I can't even register it being back to school. So Sad! I guess i will register tomorrow at 7 am. Total bummer. Well thanks for finally updating, now really do it more often.

Chris, Alissa, Parker, and Tenley said...

How fun! I need a girl someday to have cute little salon parties!

Ashley and Zane said...

What a fun summer! All we ever do is boy stuff!!