Sunday, August 23, 2009

First Day of School part 1

This year everyone is staggered for school Tyler starts first. Josh doesn't go until Thursday, and Emily is the week after that. So Part One:

Tyler is excited to start third grade this year. He is still grumpy about the fact that he didn't get the only boy teacher in the third grade, but after being in his classroom and hanging out with his buddies, i'm sure he'll get over it. They were able to pick their seats at back to school night, so of course Tyler and Christian and Brysen quickly dibbed the back corner for them. Enjoy it while it lasts, im sure it won't be for long. Tyler wanted to take a lunch for the first day, and told me all he needed was half of a sandwich, 10 chips and maybe some fruit. It felt a little funny as I was packing it, no awesome candy thing or cool snack, not even an individual bag of some cheesy style of chip. He got the bottom of the crumpled ruffles bag which looked pathetic. I laughed that with the new backpack, new pencils and folders, I totally forgot about lunches. I'm hoping that maybe with my little love notes all over the ziplock bags he won't notice. Do you think it will work?

2 comments:

Kim said...

Finally! I have been waiting for some update. Tyler looks so old. Where does time go? Is he playing football? AF played in Lindon last week and I looked fo you. Maybe he isn't playing this year or maybe there is more than 1 3rd grade team. I loved to see the little kinghorn girls getting thier updos. They are just minitures of their moms. Looks like such a fun day!
Are you planning to go to dinner with everyone on Monday night? Hope so!! WE can catch up. Hope all is well!

Allie said...

Kara just started Kindergarten this week too. It would be an understatement to say that she LOVES it. She was upset that today was Saturday and that she had to take the day off. I am just trying to enjoy this while it lasts. It is fun to see your family and see how much they are all growing up. We miss you guys!