Saturday, April 18, 2009

Indoor Campout!

Spring break 2009 ended up being colder than our winter break! We woke up to six inches of snow one morning. The kids were wanting a camp out so we decided to set up camp inside!
We had the nature sound machine running in the background-
"Man, the crickets are out early tonight!"
We roasted smores and hot dogs over the "open flame"
We packed the cooler full of rootbeers and enjoyed our picnic without the bugs!
We made trail mix for our hike to the waterfall (aka shower time!)
We practiced casting our fishing poles with gummy worms and even caught some fish!
(swedish variety)

Smores were enjoyed before slipping into the sleeping bags!
Since the weather was so nice, we slept under the glow in the dark stars taped to the ceiling.
Dad made this awesome fire using the logs from our old bedroom furniture and a battery operated candle- Brilliant!
Great practice round, but I'll be honest, i'm looking forward to this summer when we can really do some camping!

3 comments:

Lori said...

Hey I didn't even hear about this...so fun. Did Lucy take the picture of your family around the table? She's got talent! Oh how smore sounds sooo good right now. yum!!

Jodi said...

You are such a cute mom...I love all the fun ideas you do. You should be able to go camping outside now that the weather is nice.

Ms. Mort said...

I recognize the sound machine! I seriously hope it wasn't 12:11am when you were roasting hot dogs.