Friday, March 6, 2009

Makes my heart Happy

Coversations recenly had with Josh:

Background info- Josh loves to climb in bed with us around 2 am. Im not sure if he's cold or lonely or what, but there's one thing that sure- he loves to cuddle! He's extreme. He has to have his nose right in my neck and body as close to me as possible. For someone who likes it cold at night, stretches her feet out of the bottom covers, and has a good two feet on either side for stretching out, you can see how this could become a problem for me. I have learned to love the edge of my mattress, but it doesn't matter, Josh has this internal heater and magnet in him that can find me no matter which side of the bed I'm on.

8:30p.m.
Dad tucking in Josh: Good night buddy, tonight stay in your own bed all night long o.k.? Mom needs to get some sleep.
Josh: What if mom needs a cuddle?
Dad: She can cuddle with me.
Josh: You know she likes it when I cuddle with her.
Dad: I'll keep her safe, don't you worry, just go to sleep and try to stay in your bed all night.
Josh: O.K. Dad, I'll try.
2 a.m.
Josh (next to my pillow in his quietest whisper) Mom? Dad said I couldn't come in here to cuddle... But did you need me?


After being "ditched by my friends"-
Josh: Even if I didn't have no friends and no one to play with I would still have you Mom.


After being told to go wash his hands for dinner-
Josh: Mom, "we do not wash our pits in the pool of sacred tears." (In his most serious Master She-fu voice. Can you say too much Kung foo Panda?)


After cleaning up anything-
Josh: I'm the best helper am 'nt I? (Love the grammer)

Whenever we go to get a drink-
Josh: Uh, mom, you know I should test that to make sure it's not poisonous.
Talking with Grandma-
Grandma: I love you to the moon and back
Josh: I love you all the way to the moon then to Jesus and back!
Josh tells me everyday "you make my heart happy!" It makes my day.
Josh- YOU make MY heart happy. I love having you as my little buddy.

3 comments:

Lori said...

Oh my, how sweet is he. So did he get in bed with you? How could you resist? He is so cute.

Ms. Mort said...

He makes my heart happy too. Whenever I see him, I instantly need a cuddle. What a great boy!

Kim said...

There is something special about little boys and their mom's. He is so adorable! I know the feeling of sleeping on 1 inch of the bed. But no mother could turn down that cute face! Love the St. Patricks pictures. You are a lucky family!!