Saturday, December 20, 2008

Girls Night Out

Emily and I had great time at the Nutcracker Ballet. I hope this is the start of a December tradition for us. Emily and I got all dressed up and headed out for our date. I asked Emily where she would like to eat, hoping maybe for some girly restaurant (I'm not sure what I was thinking, but it was just the girls) I gave suggestions like maybe California Pizza or possibly Brick Oven for Salads and Pasta. Nah she said, I want a hamburger! (said with lots of emphasis on Hamburger.) That's my girl, go for the red meat. So off we went to Fudruckers for 1/2 lb hamburgers loaded with all the fixins. Emily loves hers with pickles. Then we headed off to the Nutcracker. I'll admit, I didn't know what to expect from Emily. I hoped she would enjoy it. Amazingly, Emily sat through the entire first act without moving a muscle. She kept the people around us laughing as she commented on how beautiful and cute the dancers were. During intermission, Emily tested out her dancing skills in the isles, she danced for the orchestra and practiced her spins with the rest of the girls. We had a great time. I hope she looks forward to this, as much as I will, again next year!

1 comment:

Ms. Mort said...

Looks like before long you'll be watching her on the stage! Fun times.