Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Drinking Buddies

So, it's no surprise that I like to grab a drink in the mornings, usually after dropping somebody off at dance or preschool. So every other day I have a few moments with one of the kids by ourselves at the gas station. I love their view on things, so I thought I should write them down before I forget. With Emily, I had just put some ice in my cup and noticed emily checking out the fountain selections. Oh mom, she said, I think your should get that strawberry kind, pointing to the pink button. Nah, I said I'm going to get this one, pushing the Diet Coke button. Oh, she said. The Chocolate kind. With Josh today, we were heading toward the gas station and as we pulled in Josh is searching through all of the "treasures" from the back seat. He's telling me to hold on, hold on, im almost ready, Just a minute. Ahh, got it, and with the biggest smile on his face and his hand held high he had found his sippy cup from under the chair. Mom, he said, do you think we can refill this? (im loving the lingo with the refill) Sure I said as we were walking in. Yes! he says, but Im getting the sprite kind, not the diet coke kind. Bad Habits already starting, and so young!

No comments: